October 2009
The kids LOVE to play in the leaves. Yes, that is little Katie throwing leaves at Big Brother, Andrew. She LOVES to tease him most of all. Gracie's friend, Chloe Francis, is in the background.
All smiles! You would not believe how the leaves fall and fall and fall from the trees. There are so many leaves that the city has to send out a "vacuum truck" three times during the months of October and November to suck them all up. The residents all rake and pile their leaves on the street and the piles extend the length of the steet and are LITERALLY 5 FT tall in some neighborhoods!
Andrew dressed up as a fireman for Halloween (yes, that is a fire hydrant in the background - Sarah thought it would make him feel more like a real fireman).
All of the kids got a chance to pull the "guts" out of their own pumpkin and carve a crazy face on it. Even Katie got in on the Halloween fun! I think Halloween wore the kids out this year. They actually had FOUR Halloween parties this year -- one at pre-school, one at my work, one at the ward, and one in our neighborhood. By the way, our neighborhood goes all-out on holidays. For Halloween, everyone chipped in some money for pizza and food for a block party. A friend with a truck hitched up his trailor, threw some hay in the back, strung up some lights, and hauled about 25 kids around the neighborhood so they could show off their costumes. Another friend installed a mechanical arm on his roof that was attached to a stuffed, white sheet designed to look like a ghost. At night there was just enough light to see it circle the top of his house. All in all, the kids had a great time. Namma and Munga and Grandpa were here, too.
Great costumes!! Love the horse, and the fire hydrant definately made Andrew's more real. Nice touch! :)
ReplyDeleteI had forgotten that you had a family blog. I'm glad I found it again. I put it on my Blog roll so I can see when it's updated. I love to seeing what everyone is up to but unless it's on the blog roll, I never get to them. We should make the Tanner blog public so I know to check it when it's updated. Hope you all are doing well. Halloween looked fun and I'm so glad to see Fall colors in your area. At the first part of October we had a cold spell (20 degree high) and everything just turned black overnight and died. No color here. Anyway, I guess we'll be seeing you in January. Take care.
ReplyDelete