Supreme Court
Friday, April 3, 2009
Supreme Court
April 1, 2009
Supreme Court
I got to see and hear first hand the opening arguments for Polar Tankers vs. Valdez, a state tax case at the U.S. supreme court. It was very cool (I know - I'm a nerd - But what do you expect from a tax accountant)! The place is enormous. With the pillars and sculptures it feels like you are in Greece hundreds of years ago. Everything is very formal there, and the inside is nothing like you see on Law & Order. I had to wait in line with a few friends from 7AM till just before 10AM to get in. Even then, we almost did not get in (they only let about 50-70 people in and we were handed numbers around 60). During the opening arguments the attorneys argued, but both took a bit of a beating from the Justices, as they were asked various questions. All in all, it was a great experience.
Supreme Court
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment